This post is one in a weekly series in which we highlight one of the many amazing and diverse people who work on CrowdFlower Tasks. There are many stories hidden within the world’s largest workforce. This is just one.
Meet Achmad N.
The Motion Graphics Designer
Describe your hometown:
It is located southeast from Jakarta; around 6-7 hours by bus. It is a small city; not a metropolis but we do have an international hospital and an airpost (military base actually). There are two lakes not too far from my place, and also Mt. Galunggung, which is an active volcano listed as one of the great disasters (1982 eruption). We have a dynamite factory here – YES, DYNAMITE! It is an explosives factory that serves the government and also offers service in oil & gas, blasting, mining and so on. My father worked there. We still have many trees, rice fields and open land.
What made you interested in microtasking?
At first, it was because of the money but as I kept completing tasks it became addictive. It challenges me to earn more, complete more tasks and maintain a high accuracy and so on.
What advice would you give other people interested in working on microtasks?
Learn the system, read and understand the task instructions, and keep on microtasking. Be realistic and make the most out of the jobs that are available to you.
What do you do for fun? (when you’re not microtasking, of course)
I watch football, TV series (Game of Thrones, Vikings, Sherlock Holmes, etc), and movies (fantasy adventures such as Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit). I also play video games, listen to music and read. And since my background study is in CGI, I also watch and learn 3D design and animation online.
If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?
- – New Zealand – I want to visit the Hobbiton, the shire from The Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit because the weather looks nice, less polluted and the fruit must be great!
- – Northern Europe – Visit the Baltics and other icy countries.
- – Southwest Indonesia – Go sailing and explore the islands.
What is something that you have always dreamt of doing?
- – Establish a company or studio and work in 3d design, animation, visual effects and motion graphics.
- – Write a novel and then make a game (action RPG, RTS and hybrids), TV series, and movie based on it.
- – Manage a football club.
Is there anything else you’d like to tell us about yourself?
I work and earn money to support my family of three including my mom, brother and me. I have dreams, ambitions and still have the passion to pursue them.